Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I witnessed a plane crash today.

Go down

So I witnessed a plane crash today. Empty So I witnessed a plane crash today.

Post by MLoR Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:37 am

So I witnessed a plane crash today. Plane_Down2
So I witnessed a plane crash today. Tue+crash
http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/54754872.html

It was about 8:50-9:00am, and there I am driving to my next worksite, and I see the thing slow down significantly, going into a stall about 10 seconds later. Dude regained control and started to glide, but the props were stationary, not even free-spinning or feathering. He starts pitching down at 25-30 degrees until he was ~100ft AGL and straightened it out, came over the treeline for his 'bean field approach' (clipping the tops of a couple evergreens in the process), and put it down in the field. He landed flat with the bottom of the fuselage hitting the ground first, and the force busted the nose right the fuck off the thing.

Being a Firefighter/Rescue Technician on the scene of an accident, I had to throw my gear on and get to work, but I'll spare you the details of that. Long story short, plane's totaled, huge fuel spill in the field, but luckily enough, dude made it out with minor injuries.

All in all, it's been a pretty interesting day. Awesome
MLoR
MLoR

Back to top Go down